Monday, August 11, 2008

LocateMe update for Nokia N95 and phone integrated GPS

Calum at http://calum.org has provided a patch for phone integrated GPS units with a modified version of LocateMe 1.0 which he uses with his Nokia N95. The modification was limited to just showing the location (and setting a target) but I've updated the patch further so it can also send and receive location "target" texts (viewing satellites unfortunately isn't possible yet) but as I don't have a phone with an integrated GPS I don't know if the code works (yep I'm a cheapskate). I'm just waiting for Calum to do a small spot of testing for me (I hoping he'll oblige) and then I'll release the changes, otherwise I'll do it in a couple of weeks.

If anybody else wants to test this for me please drop me a comment - thanks.

No comments: